1. Who are we and what do we do?
RateX helps you pay less while you shop overseas online. You are able to pay in your local currency - converted at the "Google" exchange rate you see on Google. In addition, we provide coupon codes from the merchant to maximise your savings. Currently, we are available as a Google Chrome extension.
2. How did RateX come about?
We love to shop online, and know that there are certain items that are only available on overseas e-commerces like Amazon.com. RateX was created to help you (and ourselves) save on hidden transaction fees and bad exchange rates.
3. How do you earn money if you don't charge fees & offer such low exchange rate?
Merchants pay us for helping them drive foreign sales and we pass on the savings to you guys. By helping you (and ourselves, again) we are able to earn a small cut through this model.
4. Are you hiding some of the fees associated and passing on to us? Like how banks make money off ignorant consumers.
Absolutely not! Our browser extension is 100% transparent and savvy shoppers like you can check on XE.com, Google Finance, Yahoo Finance before agreeing to our converted amount. We pass on full savings to you guys, and only earn a small cut through volume.
5. What currencies do you accept as payment?
Currently, we are only accepting in Singapore dollars. You can pay in your local currency but do take note that you will be suffer bad exchange rate & fees from your banks. However, we will begin to accept more currencies in Q3 2017.
6. What sites are you operational on?
Amazon.com, Angel Florist, Asos, Althea, Ezbuy, F21, Hervelvetvase, Hipvan, Honestbee, Hotels.com, Lazada, Redmart, Sephora, Shopee, Victoria Secret & Zalora. More sites will be implemented in Q3 2017 and do drop us a note on the sites you wish we would work on at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. What is mass ordering?
Pool with other buyers to
1. Save on shipping fees If your item(s) can be shipped to Singapore or items
2. Get a special delivery service to ship your items to Singapore if they cannot be shipped here by your merchant.
8. If I enter into a dispute with the e-commerce, where should I go?
Depends. If it is a product or item defect issue, you can reach out to the e-commerce site directly. RateX is powered by Stripe and Xfers to give you a peace of mind whenever you pay with us. As long as the negligence is on the seller, you are covered.
9. How do I get a refund?
When you cancel an item that you already bought, the credits will be returned into your account on the e-commerce site. You can then use the credit to purchase any other items.